Foam Cutting Machinery is proud to introduce a new horizontal contour cutting
machine for flexible polyurethane foams.
The concept is modeled after a proven German model with a continuous
blade. This design has been used in the industry for over 15 years.
Most foam fabricators are familiar with the performance of this
design. Although the technical specifications with regards to capability
of cutting speeds are similar, our machine has numerous advantages
- The machine is built with parts and components readily available in the U.S. from local distributors.
- The CNC controller is off-the-shelf, U.S. made, and has been used for years in a variety of industries for milling machines, plasma cutters, automatic routers, packaging and robotics.
- The control computer is a standard pc running on the Microsoft
Windows® platform easily serviceable locally.
- The software is divided into two sections. The first part is the job preparation that allows you to import almost any type of file, arrange the parts to be cut with great flexibility, designate the cutting order of parts, cutting lines between parts, automatic or manual control for the blade re-twisting location, and generating a G code (US standard file not SLD European standard).
- The second part of the software controls the actual running
of the machine with the loading of parts and the automatic or
manual movement of the machine. Both of these software packages
are off-the-shelf and well tested and proven in the industry.
- The software is not proprietary. It is an open architecture system
based on the US file standard dxf and G codes.
- AC motors, servo motors, amplifiers and electrical components are readily available in the U.S. 90% of the components are available through Grainger.
- The machine has available the latest grinding technology, i.e.,
CBN grinding wheels.
- The steel bandknife wheels have a special adjustment capability.
After wearing they can be remachined locally and put back into
service compensating for the smaller diameter, which is less expensive
than replacing the entire wheel.
- Operator friendly commands.
- Our Arbor Image software does away with the necessity for an
expensive large scale digitizing board. With an inexpensive, standard
digital camera, this software will convert a picture taken of
a shape on a paper or even a cardboard pattern into an electronic
contour file. The shapes or contours photographed don't have to
be 1:1 scale. They can be enlarged or shrunk to match the real
part. The job preparation software resides on the machine computer
or can be placed on a different computer at a different location
(e.g., office, etc.).
Many foam fabricators realize more and more that
the expense with German machines is not only in the initial purchase
but also in the maintaining and servicing of the machines as they
get older. We realize that the spare parts aspect after the sale
of the equipment is very lucrative for the German companies. We
use as many off-the-shelf parts as possible available to our customers
locally. This is more in tune with today's business environment
in which efficiency and keeping costs down is a high priority to
our customers. We are convinced that by taking this approach, a
small company will benefit, not particularly in short term dollars,
but in long term reliability and economics.
About Foam Cutting Machinery
Our experience with foam cutting equipment, particularly CNC equipment,
goes back many years. In 1980 when this technology was new, to be
able to build this type of equipment required complicated engineering
and tremendous resources. Today, these technologies are available
off-the-shelf. A great deal of resources, engineering and support
are available from the original developing companies. The task is
simply to take proven components and make them work together.
Foam Cutting Machinery is proud to offer a product with all the performance and integrity of the European brands but at a fraction of the cost. The added benefit of serviceability and familiar controls will provide the buyer with a reliable machine that will perform its intended function for years to come.
We guarantee that our machine will satisfy the
varied needs of our customers to help promote success in today’s
challenging business environment.
Attractive Lease/Finance Packages available through Balboa Capital. Contact us for details.
BACK TO TOP
|Attention F&K and
FCM now offers full machine conversions to our state-of-the-art CNC Contour Cutting operating system.
A full machine conversion provides all the benefits of a brand new operating system and eliminates the issues associated with proprietary software and costly service calls.
Call (949) 715-3627 for details.
Standard Cutting Capacity
- 90 inch width
- 51 inch height
- 98 inch length (optional 120 inch)
- other custom sizes available
Maximum Cutting Speed
- Separate computer for job preparation specifications (this would increase efficiency having the CNC computer dedicated to cutting operations, speeding up the overall cutting process.
- Manual turntable
- Grinding Apparatus with optional CBN type wheels
- Center blade guide support (not available with turntable feature)
- Nesting programs
the PDF document here.
BACK TO TOP